This video walks you thorugh creating effective marketing playbook.
Marketing playbook consist of:
1. Customer profile
- Roles in buying process
- Day in live
- Current technology stack
- Current feelings and perceptions
- Type of problems (active, passive, latent)
- Values (functional, business, individual, inspirational)
- Triggers, Ability, Motivations to buy
- Who are the influencers?
- What do they read? Who do they follow? What newsletters they subscribe to? What
2. Brand Story
- Big Change (Economic, Technology, Social)
- Winners and Lossers
- Promise Land that shows your aduience the ideal future
- Enemy or what prevents customer from reaching promise land now
- Magic Gifts that help you address enemy
- Evidence that proof your point point
3. Strategic Messaging
- Top-tier messaging (WHY, HOW, WHAT)
- 25/50-words description
- Tagline or Slogan
- Value statements
4. Customer Acquistion process
- What are the steps in the customer acquisition process?
- What is the first action you want your user/prospect to achieve?
- When customer is nurtured and how?
- What are the stages in sales process?
5. Content Strategy & Distribution
- Content creation process
- Content schedule and topics
- Evergreen vs Newsjacking (or timely content)
- Content mix: Awareness + Educational, Sales Enagblement, Traning
- Address customer objections with content
- Release one big piece of content every 2/3 months
- Create a distribution plan
- Sell problem with content and not your solution
If you like this article please recommend and share.
Follow me on Twitter, Medium, Quora, Instagram, connect on Linkedin. Join my Telegram channel - Marketing Journal - to discover interesting articles, books, and resources on marketing, product growth, startups, and SaaS.
Send me email with comments and questions: myk[at]myxys.com.